Explore Trade country-level data availability over time: An interactive motion bubble plot
Inspired by the famous Gapminder visualization , we made our own interactive, motion bubble plot with a TCdata360 twist! Explore by-country data availability by going to this tool. Read more about some interesting findings we got using this chart in our blog.
Look at the distribution of trade country-level data availability: An interactive boxplot using plot.ly
This boxplot shows the distribution of TCdata360 data availability per country. To select a specific country, either click on a particular boxplot or type the country name in the search box above the chart. For more details, read our blog wherein we go deeper into TCdata360 data availability country leaders and laggers.
Tracing the roots of TCdata360 datasets: an interactive network graph
We often forget how intertwined dataset sources are and how this affects data analysis.In this blog, we're interested to take a deeper look at the "dataset genealogy” of TCdata360 and answer questions such as –Is it safe to do crossdataset analysis using TCdata360 datasets? Are there interesting patterns in the relationships between TCdata360 datasets?
Interactive product export streamgraphs with data360r
Explore export volume by product classification in using this interactive streamgraph. The chart was generated using the data360r and streamgraph packages in just a few lines of code! Read our blog to get step-by-step instructions for creating your own interactive streamgraphs.
Data360r: An R Package to query TCdata360 and Govdata360 data, metadata, and more
Data360r is an R package that allows users to easily query using easy, single-line functions, powered through our TCdata360 and Govdata360 APIs. Go here for data360r installation, examples, and use cases in just 3 lines of R code. You can also read our blog for an overview of the benefits of using data360r.
TCdatascoper: Visually Explore TCdata360
Explore TCdata360 data in a different way. We put together the Open TCdata360 Topology tool , a cloud visualization that groups countries according to the main TCdata360 indicators across time. This is an innovative way to look at big datasets. It is written in R and reads directly from TCdata360 API. This blog describes a few analytical possibilities of the tool.
Data Resources: APIs, Packages, and Libraries
- TCdata360 Data APIs - Access all of TCdata360 data through a collection of RESTful APIs. JSON and CSV responses are available
- Other TCdata360 APIs - Blogs, Documents, Toolkits and other resources
- UNCTAD TRAINS API
- World Bank API
- World Bank API (Stata connector)
- World Integrated Trade Solution (WITS) API (R, Stata, and Java)
- World Development Indicators (WDI) API (R)
Methodologies & Indicator List by Country
- Suggested Peers uses countries' similarities calculated by computing the distance between countries in an embedded country space following the t-SNE algorithm. Read more here.
- Measuring Export Competitiveness Country Comparator uses a methodology developed at the World Bank. Read more here.
- Available Indicators By Country. Easily look up all available indicators for a specific country by going to this page.